Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Seek to be found

It speaks. Fills. Warms.

Music is a language that some speak fluently.

I don't speak it fluently.

But I hear it fluently.

I'll be plodding along through life, minding my own business, and all of a sudden, there's a song. Not just any song, either. One that has fingers, breath, life, a heart, emotion. One that takes those airy, invisible fingers and reaches right down into my heart and clutches at me in rapture. What can I do but listen?

I don't go looking for the ones like that. They find me.

My own musings of life and love have brought me to similar conclusions.

The blessings God has for me. They'll find me.

"Seek and ye shall find..."

Yes, I know.

But I think He meant "seek ME and ye shall find..."

And then, He will bring, give, bless just like He wants to.

I guess what He's asking me to do is to seek to be found.

I'm still listening to these songs on repeat. The awe hasn't worn away yet. And I didn't go looking for them. They found me.

I'll remember that.


No comments:

Post a Comment