Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Perspective

"So how are you?" The chat message blinked onto my screen.

"Oh, it's been a regular Monday, even though it's Tuesday." I reply, typical to me. "But actually, it wasn't a bad day... And I'm genuinely happy. Like, really happy. And God is just so good. You know that?"

I didn't realize until I was chatting with my friend yesterday.

I really am happy. No, like, REALLY happy.

I have lots of reasons not to be.
Lots of things that I could worry, wonder, agonize, hurt about.

But amazingly enough, I go searching for those things and can't find very many of them.

I'm really happy.

It must be the Lord.
Because it certainly isn't me.

I just finished reading an inspiring post this morning. Hannah Rayne's post about handing over dreams, hopes--the sweetest desires we have--impressed me.

But more than that.

I sit and wonder...

Am I this happy: this genuinely happy: because finally, after the battle and blood... I've finally been able to hand my sweetest hopes to God and trust Him?

But how could that be? I didn't do anything enormous.
I didn't even realize it.
In fact, the only thing I've been doing is offering a feeble attempt and an earnest desire to God to surrender...

Ding.

This is no bell pealing madly in some dusty corner of the universe. This is right next door. I know it.

Is it really supposed to be so simple?

My heart overflows.

Praise God...

I look over at the scarred hand that holds those fond hopes. And I smile.

I'm happy to leave them there until He's ready to hand them back, better than ever before.

Thank you, Hannah, for putting things in perspective.


1 comment:

  1. This is a super super late response. I was just reading through your blog today, and was like, "wait a minute... I think she's talking about me!" :) Praise Jesus. It's amazing how He can bless others through us when we're totally unaware... speaking of which, I've been so blessed by so many of your posts. Thank you for loving Him and for writing.

    ReplyDelete