Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Everest

Climb. Forever climb.

And, seemingly, forever fail.

The summit stands unattained, out of reach. Every time I'm beaten back. Every time I give up and return to base camp. Every. Single. Time.

I want the top. I want it. I want that freedom.

But, trudging back into camp for another time of defeat, I break down in tears. I can't do it... I just can't.

That's right.

The Voice is so near, yet so soft. I look around through tear-blurred vision. I catch sight of Someone standing there, but I take Him to be another mountaineer.

He continues. You can't. You can't do it. YOU never will.

He wipes away my tears. You can't. But...oh... I can.

I've yet to touch the summit.

But because I can't... He'll make sure that I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment