Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I will trust

"It is God's plan to give, in answer to the prayer of faith, that which He would not otherwise bestow."
"Why?"
"Because if it be not worth the asking, it is held in little esteem by those who receive it."
"But are we not in danger of out-asking Him?"
"Nay. The fact that you receive a rich gift today is only the promise of a still richer gift tomorrow."
"Well, henceforth we shall be much more free in our askings."
"And in so doing, you will allow Him to be much more free in His givings."

----------

Head in hands, heart lifted to Heaven. I surrender, I surrender...

Then that little dialogue from John Bunyan's immortal pilgrims comes to mind. And the heart wrenches a little more. Let go: I must, but how can I ask for it if I release...?

How indeed?

I don't understand. I just don't. 

But I will trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment