Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

He waits.

When I open curtains in the morning, I request a special message. Just for me. Just for what I'm going through right at that moment.

And once I've picked up my Bible, I always find it. Without fail.

Yesterday, I did just that. A turmoil of emotion and questions roiling in my mind like a restless sea, I searched. I was directed to the multitude of verses in the Bible with the word "wait" in them.

45 minutes later, I'd been copying them all down and hadn't finished.

I needed it. Right then. And I praised God for coming through with His special message for me.


This morning, when I pulled the curtains open, I asked again for another message.

Funny how today's message was almost the same as yesterday's.

Countless times in the Bible, we are counseled to wait.

They that wait on the Lord shall have renewed strength.
I waited patiently (note, patiently) and He heard me.
I wait for Him, because He is my hope.
Stand still and see the salvation of God.
Wait. Wait. Wait.

And then we have this.

"And therefore will the Lord wait, that He may be gracious unto you, and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of (justice): blessed are all they that wait for Him" (Isaiah 30:18).

Hold the show. Isaiah just told me God Himself is waiting. And not just arbitrarily: He's waiting so He can be gracious to me. So that His name will be exalted.

And by waiting while He waits, I am blessed. He is blessed.

So if things are taking longer than I want them to... If answers seem long in coming... I can relax.

He's waiting. To be gracious. To be exalted.

So that I might be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. What an awesome God we serve. Thank you for listening to His call upon your heart and then sharing those insights with us. I am at one instant both proud and humbled to be your daddy.

    ReplyDelete