Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Save Me...


Heart swells with the cry.

Save me...

It's words like that that make people pay attention.

Help...
Save me...
Someone...
Please...

You see those words and your eyes rivet to the page. You scan the following paragraphs with a sort of knot in your stomach, don't you? It makes you worry--especially if the distressed soul who penned the words is someone you care about.

Have you penned the words?

...I hate penning the words. It's hard to ask for help. It's hard to cry out for relief when you're certain that no one will hear, no one will notice, no one would care.

But the cry must be made.

Someone, save me...

--------------------------

"Once upon a time, there were two perfect people, who lived in a perfect world, created by a perfect God..."

I spoke those words this morning. My brother, sister and I stood at the pulpit, Haley with guitar in hand. I introduced our special music, talking about this perfect world, the perfect God, and the perfect people who were enticed and fell to be not-so-perfect. 

But the hope: a perfect Man came and made a perfect sacrifice and lived a perfect life, to restore our not-so-perfect lives to a perfect that will be more perfect than the perfect we had in the beginning.

"A garden of green... with flowering trees... Inundated with light... It was Paradise..."

We sang. The people listened. And God spoke. 

------------------------

Someone, save me...

There's a reply. And it rings through the air.

I'm coming... I'm here...

The Rescue is on the way.

On the way?

No...

Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment