Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

A Blank Piece of Paper

Yes, it's just one of those days.

Nothing exciting. Nothing new. Pretty normal Friday. I know, I know--sounds boring.

You may be having an exciting Friday: honestly, I really don't know. They haven't equipped blog posts with the ability to capture live shots of those sitting at their computers reading my blog yet. Maybe in the next version, as my Excel tutor on Lynda.com said the other day.

Yes, I'm having "just one of those days" that seems boring, drab, uninviting, and expressionless: More like a blank white sheet of paper than one scribbled full of precious messages and exciting stories and funny quotes. A blank sheet of paper... Sitting on the proverbial desk in front of me... Empty. How many of you get excited about blank sheets of paper?

I know I do. I see a literal blank sheet of paper and it's like an adrenaline rush. I get so excited--you wouldn't believe how many blank sheets of paper I have lying around on my desk, in my desk, in my room, under my bed, in boxes, on my shelves, and a copious amount of other places as well. Blank sheets of paper signify, to me, a possibility... that something can be done with that piece of paper.


If there's writing on it already...or drawing, or whatever you please...it's pretty much there, unless you take an eraser to it. And while that might seem more inviting, there's always the evidence of the fact that there was something on that piece of paper at one time. You can't totally erase anything off a piece of paper... and even if you do, the paper is never the same. It's never completely white, perfect and ready to be used for anything.

Our lives are like notebooks: each day like a piece of paper; our decisions like the pens and pencils we use to fill the pages up. We each have a notebook to fill, with song and laughter, tears and sorrows, maybe even a "happily ever after". We each have a different life to live. We each have a different colored notebook, and we use different things to write with. All our notebooks are different.

But each day, you can turn the page, and leave behind that page you wrote on yesterday. No, you aren't erasing anything: we already discussed how you can't really erase anything. But you can turn the page and get a new, clean sheet of paper to write on. You turn a page every night when you go to sleep. You choose your writing tool the next morning, and begin to write. We all do it.

Enlightening? ...I think so.

So, how is your Friday? Is it full already, or are you experiencing a writer's block; suffering from the monotony of the "same old, same old"?

I think my Friday just got a little better... And it always does when I really consider this one thing....

There's never a day like the day you choose to give your notebook to the Author of the Universe.

And there's never a "boring" day, when the King of Kings and Lord of Lords holds your pen in His hand and writes the story that is YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment