Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Realized

A chat message popped up on my screen. I scanned it, laughed, and typed a quick reply. The response to my reply produced more giggles, and the conversation lasted but a minute longer. But suddenly, I realized.



I'd found some old mp3s that once had me in stitches. I put them on my phone again, and listened to them at home: just innocent funnyness. And yet, when all was said and done, I felt strange.... And suddenly, I realized.



Crunching through the snow to the top of a hill hidden away in the trees, and then careening down at unprecedented speeds, interrupted by falls, tumbles, and near-misses, I realized, too...



I'm realizing, though I have lots of things that are...well, less than perfect in my life... that I'm really happy. Really blessed. Really living. Distraction free (well, mostly: can someone in my position ever really be distraction free?), free from a life of captivity, free to...

Just be. Be me. It's a novelty.

And I'm loving it.

I realized. I'm happy.

Are there things that would make me happier? Sure. But why dwell on that, when I can dwell on so much more? He's providing life, love, and happiness in such a rich way out here in Inchelium.

That's why I love Him. Why I serve Him.

Because He always takes the broken and makes it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment